“The mission of the MIT Sloan School of Management is to develop principled, innovative leaders who improve the world and to generate ideas that advance management practice.” – Sloan School of Management
Business School Rank:#4
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Size: 804 enrolled
Average Age of New Entrants: 28
Tuition: $52,628 per year (full-time)
Contact: 617-258-5434 (phone); firstname.lastname@example.org (email)
What is the average GMAT score for applicants accepted to the MIT Sloan School of Management?
The average GMAT score of applicants accepted to the MIT Sloan School of Management in 2011 was 710. The GMAT range (10th – 90th percentile) was 660-750.
Does the MIT Sloan School of Management accept the GMAT and the GRE?
Yes, the MIT Sloan School of Management accepts both the GMAT and the GRE for admission.
What is the average undergraduate GPA of applicants accepted to the MIT Sloan School of Management?
The average undergraduate GPA of applicants admitted to the MIT Sloan School of Management in 2011 was 3.51. The undergraduate GPA range (10th – 90th percentile) was 3.1-3.86.
What is the average starting salary and bonuses for graduates from the MIT Sloan School of Management?
The average base salary is $115,335. On average, approximately 81 % of full-time graduates are employed at the time of graduation. Approximately 94 % of full-time graduates of the class of 2011 were employed three months after graduation.
What programs are offered in addition to the traditional MBA?
MBA Tracks and Certificate
- Enterprise Management Track to apply integrated management perspectives and practices in your role within large organizations
- Finance Track designed to prepare MBA students for careers in the finance industry
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Track for MBA students who are already committed to a future entrepreneurial life
- Sustainability Certificate for students who build on MIT’s distinguished accomplishments in technology, science, and social science
Dual and Joint Degrees
- MIT Sloan and Harvard Kennedy School of Government dual degrees
- System Design and Management (SDM / MBA) w/ MIT School of Engineering
- Leaders for Global Operations (MBA / MS) w/ MIT School of Engineering
Is work experience expected? How much?
No, work experience is not required for admission, although candidates with prior work experience typically take better advantage of the opportunities at MIT Sloan. Students admitted to the program have an average of 5 years full-time work experience prior to applying to business school.